The Park Hotel was built in the 1870's and its present owners have worked hard to preserve the same atmosphere that 19th century travelers to the island would have
enjoyed. Each of the Victorian hotel's 25 rooms are decorated with period antiques and area rugs and wallpaper indicative of the time period it was built.
The Victorian lobby is open to the public and has period antiques, the hotel's original fireplace and a large front picture window decorated with rare Bavarian
etched ruby glass panes of birds native to the island. The hotel also has its original press tin ceilings. The Victorian era traveler who stayed here saw the hotel
much as the present day traveler sees it today. The Park Hotel was originally the Deutsches Hotel and was one of the smaller Put-in-Bay establishments in the 1870's
with just 26 original rooms.
Historians have stated, The Park Hotel was the first hotel in the local area that offered "Beds having spring mattresses," and not the traditional straw filled beds It also had a dining room that sat 100 people. All the guest rooms are located on the second and third floors. One of the most popular
rooms is the large front room that has three windows overlooking the downtown park and harbor. One of the 26 rooms was used when the bath facilities were modernized
in the 1980's. This historic hotel is much like a period museum with the modern comforts of a small island resort hotel.
Many local activities have taken place here over the year's, including community dinners, business meetings and awards ceremonies. We're proud of our community.